The activity of emergency plumbers Sydney implies the opening of a professional bank account except for auto-entrepreneurs who can use their personal account. You nevertheless take a risk by using a personal account for a craft activity because the banks do not accept this use and are entitled to close your account if they discover that it is used for a professional activity. Today, online banks offer very attractive rates for professionals. Consult expert comparison of pro banks with the best prices and opinions on each of them.
What Exactly Does A Plumber Do?
The main task of the plumber is to adjust, repair and install sanitary equipment and pipelines for gas, evacuation and water. He will have to drill walls to pass the piping and fill these holes. The work of the plumber also consists of installing the following:
- Household appliances
- Air conditioning and ventilation
- Solar panels
- Fire protection systems
- Water heaters etc.
The plumber has an after sales service and maintenance activity on the equipment and the work he has carried out.
The obligations of the plumber
The profession of heating plumber is a regulated profession. The plumber must of course respect the law and the standards in force in particular the government regulation. Professionals who work for individuals must provide their prices by detailing, for example, the methods of calculating working hours before carrying out the work. A service exceeding 150 $ must be formalized by a quote. Finally, quotes and invoices must include:
- Mention of the insurance taken out
- Insurance contact
- The geography of the contract.
The profession of self-employed plumber
Benefits of being a self-employed plumber:
- Being your own boss therefore having the freedom to make the decisions yourself
- The more you work, the more your salary increases and the average income of plumbers are much higher among the self-employed.
Prospects for the plumber’s development
The plumber can progress to the careers of:
- Master craftsman plumber
- Site manager
- Heating engineer
- Thermal installation fitter.
This profession also makes it possible to specialize in more technical services, for example in air conditioning and heat pump installation.
How to find plumbing sites?
As a self-employed plumber, a major point of your activity will be to find plumbing sites because the competition is fierce in particular because of posted workers and moonlighting. You will need to make yourself known before the customers come on their own.
Here are some recommendations for finding work sites:
- Ask your town hall for the list of recently granted building permits and contact the contracting authorities
- Obtain a professional qualification
- Drop off prospectuses in your city
- Solicit your personal and professional network
- Partner with another building professional, such as an architect
- Register on a quotation platform that will put you in touch with potential customers.
The activity plumber to their account presents many benefits and allows you to earn more money in the medium and long term. However, being independent is more demanding, more risky and more uncertain. If you are interested in the plumber activity but are not sure which format is right for you, we recommend that you start by doing it as an employee. You can then capitalize on your experience, your network and work as a freelance. In addition, this proof of experience will make it easier for you to negotiate your insurance premium and obtain financing if necessary.