Construction is an evergreen field and it’s always in demand in good as well as bad times. During good times people plan to open new business and during not so good times they create inventory for the future. If you in Melbourne and looking forward to make your career in construction you should look for a reputed building and construction courses in Melbourne.
Things to look for while searching a building and construction course:
- Government recognition: All building and construction sites run as per state and central laws and it’s equally important to do course from an institute which is duly recognized by government.
- Part Time/Full Time: You might be doing course while studying or doing some other job looking for better career prospects. A course with a choice to choose full time or part time course will be much suitable.
- Skills of trainer: Experienced, knowledgeable trainers with thorough understanding of construction industry should be your first choice.
- Combination of Theory with practical: Training should emphasize on developing practical skills and make you job ready at the same time covering all the theoretical aspects of job.
There are multiple certificates which you can complete as per your interest. They are:
- Certificate in Carpentry: This is an apprenticeship course giving you useful insight into how furniture is being made for both domestic as well official spaces. This course can act as a stepping stone for you to start your own work.
- Certificate IV in building and construction: This course acts as a passport for you into construction industry. Course provides all the practical skills needed for you to be job ready for a construction site.
- Certificate course in Shop fitting: This is a specialized course which will help you to make your career in shop fitting and be a part of retail journey by assembling beautiful shop fronts. Also, there is Civil Construction Dozer course Melbourne which you can opt to do.
All the above courses apart from teaching practical skills have an important part of safety measures which is a critical part of Building and Construction industry. All course include safety training, risk management, site security, safe work method assessment, following environmental regulations, using personal protective equipment etc.